Installing 16ft mast with digital aerial to improve reception!!
If you have poor TV reception in your area it depend on may factors. One thing could be the position or even the height of the aerial. You could be in a valley or dip and in this case this was the problem. So installing a 16ft mast with digital aerial solved the problem. Then a quick re-tune of the stations to finish the job.
It is a good idea to retune your digital equipment from time to time to ensure you are receiving all available services.
Retuning takes only a few minutes and can be done with your remote control.
1. Make sure your Freeview TV or box is on and in digital mode, usually by pressing the DTV or digital button on your remote. Then press ‘menu’.
2. Select the ‘set up’ or ‘installation’ option. If you see picture icons, select the tool box, satellite dish or spanner.
3. If you are prompted for a code, try 0000 or 1234.
4. Select the full retune option. This is sometimes called ‘first time installation’, ‘factory reset’, ‘default settings’ or ‘shipping conditions’. Do not select ‘channel update’ or ‘add channels’.
5. Press ‘OK’ if your equipment asks if you want to delete all your channels. Don’t worry this is normal
6. Channels will automatically be installed. This may take a few minutes and your equipment may shut down and restart.
Note: Depending on your TV equipment, you may need to update your favourites list following a retune. Some digital recorders may require scheduled recordings to be reset.